Undertaking a website redesign is a massive project. You want to get it right.
Here are six very important questions to plan your website redesign:
- What is the purpose of your new website?
- How will people find your website?
- What will the visitors do once they arrive on your website?
- What are you going to do to make visitors spend longer amount of time on your site?
- How are you going to get people to come back to your website?
- How will you monitor the results of your website?
The way most people go with their web design approach is … let’s get a new design.
Once the new website is created, they next ask … so, what do we need to do now to get people to our website?
The answer to this question offer requires a change in content, or design of the website. This means, they’re spending additional resources (time and money) which could have avoided with proper planning.
The rest of the questions are not even on most people’s radar.
You don’t need to be like that. Answer the above listed questions.
The more detailed your answers, more happy you will be with your final website design.
You cannot wing these answers. Write them down. Meditate on them. Rewrite them.